||Centers For Decency
Morality and Decency Conference Speakers
Centers for Decency
1415 S. Voss Road, Suite 110-393
Houston, Texas 77057
Centers for Decency is apart of a nonprofit serving you and your community. Our mission is to promote morality and decency by strengthening and defending the family and community, thereby battling pornography and obscenity. Helping each community in the definition for obscenity is a vital part of our mission. In other words,
the mission of CFD is to encourage, equip, motivate, and educate the family and community by offering information, articles, volunteers, and Morality and Decency Conference Speakers, promoting Biblical values from our citizen-base through the power of prayer, then educational action, and finally impacting our society - resulting in revival of moral values in our country.
Resources in Cyberspace
Help for Victims of Pornography
- Assessing Pornography Addiction at Treating-Pornography-Addiction.com
- Battle Plan Ministries provides a ministry of restoration and discipleship for Christians who are involved in habitual sexual sin, support for women, the silent victims of sexual sin involving men in their lives, and resources for families dealing with the onslaught of our sexually saturated world.
- Catholic Support Group for Sexual Addictions Recovery, part of St. Michael's Call Catholic Supersite
- Christian Alliance for Sexual Recovery
- "Confronting Your Spouse's Pornography Problem"
This new book (June 2006) by Rory C. Reid, LCSW, and Dan Gray, LCSW, provides common sense and professional counsel for both the injured spouse and porn addicted spouse.
- Dr. Linnea Smith's Web site against pornography and the exploitation of women and children.
- Esther Ministries (for spouses of porn addicts)
- Fires of Darkness
- Harvest USA, a "faith-operated ministry" that brings "the clarity of God's Word to bear on the issue of ... sexual addictions."
- KickPorn.com Are You Sick and Tired Of Being Sick and Tired? End Your Porn Addiction and Take Your Life Back Today!" Get A Brand New Start and A Brand New You!
- LIFE Ministries: Living in Freedom Everyday - Encouraging, empowering, and equipping God's people to live everyday in sexual integrity.
- Mastering Life Ministries: "Our primary focus is sexual sin and brokenness, and related issues . . ."
- Help for Victims of Pornography from the National Coalition for the Protection of Children and Families
- Porn and Sex Addiction Resources from Your Cross Outreach Ministries
- PornNoMore.com, a Catholic web site for those who desire to break their pornography addiction.
- Pure Life Ministries
- Safe Families is a program of TechMission, Inc. that was formed to assist parents and equip the Christian community to protect children from pornography and other dangers on the Internet. We hope to do this by providing both free software and free training resources.
- Sexaholics Anonymous
- Sexual Morality FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) of Jim Kalb
- The Freedom and Justice Center, which combats prostitution and assists women in prostitution and the sex industry generally.
- Your Cross Outreach Ministries
Service Providers that screen pornography
Focus on the Family says that you should examine potential filtered services by looking for a few specific things (From "Suggestions We Give Families Who Are Choosing a Server-Based Filter" by Steve Watters for Citizen Link webzine located at www.family.org.
- Examine the price. Many ISPs provide server filtering as a value-added service and therefore offer it for free, or at least at a very affordable price.
- Test the speed. ISPs that filter their service through a proxy may run a little slower, but some companies have worked to speed up the process.
- Examine the filtering focus. Each company has a philosophy for filtering. Some have tight filters and others have loose filters. Some companies are even reluctant to share their filtering philosophy.
- Find out if the serivce is customizable. Some companies will take a "one size fits all" approach and give the same filtered service to all of their customers. You may want to be able to block more than the company blocks or may want to override some of the sites that are blocked by mistake. Ask if your service can be customized.
- Find out if the service blocks or monitors additional features such as e-mail, chat rooms, or newsgroups. Some server-based filters only monitor the Web and overlook other dangerous areas of the Internet.
- Find out if you can report additional bad sites. Many filtered services "deputize" their customers and encourage them to report questionable sites in order to build their list of blocked sites.
With this information in mind, here's a list of ISPs that provide screening:
- Agape Information Systems
- Catholic Families.Net
- Christian Living Network
- Covenant Promotions
- Family Click.com
- Family Connect
- Family Safe Web
- Family Friendly Internet Access
- Hedge Builders
- Integrity Online
- Son Media Online
- World Christian Online, Inc.
- Family Safe Internet (FSINet) (Chicagoland)
- Exodus Technologies (Illinois, New York, Pennsylvania, Washington, California, Tennessee, Texas, Michigan, Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts)
- Power Online
Software products that screen pornography
National Focus Decency Organizations
State and Local Decency Organizations
Centers for Decency
1415 S. Voss Road, Suit 110-393
Houston, Texas 77057